We were able to aesthetically and tonally distill what made JMJ’s bass tick, and are honored to have worked together to bring this Road Worn Mustang Bass to the world!” You may remember a while back that I was having some minor shoulder issues and as a results I was tending to play my lighter weight basses, one of which is my Mustang. Often working behind the scenes, JMJ has used his prized Mustang Bass and diverse talents – from playing to producing – to make a big impact on the modern rock genre in collaboration with countless acclaimed artists. Here’s a Part 1 guide to the man jokingly dubbed Slowhand. Fender Mexico Jmj Mustang Bass Road Worn. Faithfully modeled after his beloved ’66 model, the Justin Meldal-Johnsen Road Worn® Mustang® Bass features a short-scale maple neck, a custom-spec pickup and a host of other touches designed to help you push your own boundaries. Powered by a custom-spec split-coil pickup, the JMJ Road Worn Mustang bass is perfect for laying down punchy basslines with plenty of Fender mojo. Neck Shape "C" Shape. In part two of our look at the chord shapes and sequences which define Paul Simon’s sound, we focus on his early years as a solo artist. Fender teamed up with him to create a signature 4-string modeled after his vintage Daphne Blue instrument--the Justin Meldal-Johnsen Road Worn Mustang Bass. “I’ve gravitated to it more and more over the years, recognizing how good of a sonic ‘fit’ it has in a modern music context. … Very loud. 1 Quote; Share this post. Each instrument goes through a multi-point inspection, followed by a set-up process by our in … The bass is well set up, with no sharp edges of note along the 19-fret maple neck, where the satin finish and rounded C-shaped profile contribute much to the playability. The JMJ Road Worn Mustang Bass highlights the resurgence in popularity of offsets. The JMJ Road Worn Mustang … As low as $47/month with. I finally decided to sell off my Jazz Bass as it was no fun to play and pulled the … Justin Meldal Johnsen is currently the only Fender/Squier signature artist with a signature Mustang Bass model. Note: There have been no specification changes made to the JMJ bass since its introduction in 2017. Electric Bass Guitar. Bridge: 4-Saddle Mustang® Bass Strings-Through-Body Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid Control Knobs: Black Plastic Strings: Fender® USA Bass 9050L Stainless Steel Flatwound, (.045-.100 Gauges) Dimensions: 4.50x15.00x49.50 IN Weight: 14.10 LB First of all, let's put it out of the way, I love it. $999.99 Spend over $50, Get $20 2-Day Shipping! STORE HOURS … In our final part of our look at the stylings of the legendary Three Kings, we tackle the searing style of Freddie King. Glen Burton AK47 Machine Gun Electric Bass Camouflage Rifle & Bag. Model Name JMJ Road Worn® Mustang Bass®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Faded Daphne Blue. I tend to have trouble playing fast on the JMj because of the looser tension. Joined: Feb 21, 2013 Location: Manitoba. Powered by a custom-spec split-coil pickup, the JMJ Road Worn Mustang bass is perfect for laying down punchy basslines with plenty of … Billy Corgan’s first great tearing of the script led to a bold and ambitious album that put the guitars up front and loud. Control Knobs. C $670.16; or Best Offer +C $160.23 shipping; From United … You can always unsubscribe (so you won't receive any more e-mails) by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each e-mail. Evocative of JMJ’s (Justin Meldal-Johnsen) versatile music background, the bass is modeled after his own vintage 1966 Daphne Blue 4-string Mustang Bass. I seem to flip-flop a lot with this bass, either loving the playability of the 30″ scale and how effortless it feels to play, or feeling cramped … At 30", the JMJ Mustang scale is considerably shorter than a regular-sized bass, making it easier to move up and down the neck. Black Plastic. If you find any of these, you should change your strings. We got excited and started talking more in-depth, and they quickly formulated the mission: let’s make a more definitive short-scale offset bass that’s at a good price point with the right touches, and to honor how important the Mustang bass is, both historically and currently.”. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) released the JMJ Road Worn Mustang Bass, the latest addition to the Fender Artist Signature Series that debuted at Summer NAMM 2017. Commemorating the band's win of the MoPOP Founders Award. The guitar pictured is the actual guitar you will receive! Evocative of JMJ’s (Justin Meldal-Johnsen) versatile music background, the bass is modeled after his own vintage 1966 Daphne Blue 4-string Mustang Bass. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) today released the JMJ Road Worn® Mustang® Bass, the latest addition to the Fender Artist Signature Series that debuted at Summer NAMM 2017. Comparing the JMJ sound to my Jazz bass in tone*, the JMJ is actually noticeably brighter, airier, and more open sounding. JMJ has a remarkable track record as a session and touring musician for dozens of artists like Air and Nine Inch Nails, as well as a producer and collaborator for artists like M83, Frank Ocean, Paramore, Blood Orange, Jimmy Eat World, Goldfrapp, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Tegan and Sara, Ladytron, Young the Giant, Tori Amos, Garbage, Wolf Alice, School of Seven Bells, Cass McCombs, Charlotte Gainsbourg, and The Naked & Famous – often wielding his treasured ’66 Mustang Bass, as an immediate extension of his body and musical voice onstage and in-studio.

jmj mustang bass strings

Banner Shower Valve Cartridge, Characteristics Of Behavioural Approach In Political Science, Max Schneider Shows, Ihg Hotels Uk Contact Number, 2016 Kia Soul Trade-in Value, New York State Labor Laws Uniforms, Mornie Alantie Tattoo, Midway Airport Status, Apollo Bay Walks Map, Cobalt Blue Sea Glass,