Available in branch for collection and for next day delivery. Apart from being a sustainable resource, it looks good and is great for creating a new structure for vegetable beds that will hold in compost or keep out pests. I hope this helps and do feel free to get back to me if you have any questions. 140-years of experience handling wood and over 50-years of developing our own finishing systems gives us in-depth competence in both areas, you can benefit from our experience. We are painting our log cabin in Cuprinol shades but need to put a good wood preservative on first. Intl Eco Wood Treatment 5 gal. Thank you for your enquiry. If there is anything further that I can help with please do not hesitate to get in touch. I’d like to keep their natural color but properly protect them for as long as possible because removing the soil and treating inside and out will be a nightmare. What would be the best wood treatment to preserve the wood and be safe for the birds. Or do you do a pale green oil that would do the job? What is the best treatment for exterior wood? If you have a read up of the products and feel free to come back to me if you have any further questions. For more advice feel free to get in touch via our contact us page. Thank you for getting in touch with your enquiry. Could you give me some brand names as well. More Options Available. We would like a traditional wood shed colour, not too dark or too orange. I would like to retain the whitish the colour but protect it from the elements. It can be difficult to narrow down a suitable product when you are unsure of the current finish, this often happens when people move into new properties. Particularly for a south facing door. What would you recommand for the exterior summerhouse build? Firstly it is important to understand that the wood will not rot if it stays dry (less than 20% moisture content). we originally purchased the Cuprinol garden shades series but finding that requires 6 or more coats to even get near a solid colour (tested it on spare timber first) the log cabin is huge (5×4) and simply dont have the time (or patience) to paint it 6 or more times. Any treatment I apply to these sides will not be repeated for a long time! Hello, If you are planning to strip the furniture back to bare wood however, this will open up your options for alternative and easier to maintain products. Can you recommend a product that will cover this up and bring back to a good finish please. When you feel that the wood needs it you can top up with another coat, just ensure that the wood is clean and dry before application. And I certainly would not expect a full treatment to protect the Cabin to come to that amount of money. Thank you for getting in touch with your question. Coating systems generally last longer but can be prone to deterioration over time. Thanks in advance If you take a look at these and feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have. I’ve been advised to put a first coat on the wood before I install it. R. My apologies for the delay in getting back to you with a response. In planning my layout I left the wood on their bases, and came back from a heavy rain shower to find both woods had bled tannins over the render. 4 products found Select products per page (page gets refreshed) 24 results per page 48 results per page 96 results per page 200 results per page Protection could be slightly longer with the Sadolin, however this very much depends on the conditions and weather it is exposed to over time. Thank you for your enquiry, you could have a look at the Barrettine Premier Wood Preservative. It will leave the wood looking and feeling very natural. Can you let me know which of the Barrettine products you purchased and used on your summer house and I can tell you if it will be suitable for your bench also. The cabin website says i need a micron thickness of 80-120um of protection?? I have just built an extension which is clad externally in marine ply. Exterior varnishes or coatings are better suited to smooth timber rather than rough sawn timber. It is a really versatile product that can be used for a wide range of projects not just decking. Hi, last year I made a planter out of decking for my garden and treated the timber with linseed oil. Allow the wood to cure, then apply wood filler and smooth with abrasive paper. Wipe down with Methylated Spirit to degrease the old finish. Test areas are always advised and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch. Again full stirring for at least 5 minute to ensure the pigment is evenly distributed. This has a range of colours and you can apply 2-3 coats for a semi gloss, natural looking finish. South facing sides for example can wear away quicker then other sides and require maintenance sooner rather than later. Ideally the Sikkens should only be used with other Sikkens products and for the best finish on new wood, the Sikkens Cetol HLS Plus followed by the Sikkens Cetol Filter 7 Plus. The sun has absolutely drained my fence and it is all flaking off – all I have to do is touch this cuprinral fence life + paint with the blue lid – what a disastrous decision – the only decision is to take it back to the bare wood – HELP. Menu . Also has to be non slip for animals. Discover (and save!) The treating and drying processes cause a reduction in strength that var-ies with treatment, species of wood, applications and specific properties. What would be the best thing to use to protect the posts. Hi.Ive just had a new shed put up today .They said it had been treated for rot and fungi but I need too put a water base treatment too water tight it .what would you recommend as also wants it clear or natural wood as dont want a colour. Hi. Many thanks in advance. Thank you for your question. Another option is the Barrettine Garden Furniture Oil it will not peel and flake over time and is easy to maintain over time. Do you have a brand name ? Always try a test area first. However I would strongly recommend a test area first as the condition of the wood will impact on the finish and I do suspect that it may still darken a little. This is especially true if the wood’s been coated in a film-forming finish because sooner or later these always peel. Thank you for getting in touch with your question. You will only require two very thin coats applied and test areas are vital to ensure that you like the finish to be achieved and that it is suitable for your project. To help stop the water penetration I was thinking of filling the cracks with an exterior filler – would this be sensible to do? Thank you for your question, we have two exterior opaque finishing products that come in a wide range of colours. These are both exterior ranges and so for the interior if you would like to look at a product such as the Fiddes Hard Wax Oil which will give a natural look and feel and will be easy to maintain over time. We want the fence to have a painted grey finish, although we don’t mind if it is a light grey or a darker, more anthracite, grey. Geoff. Test areas are strongly advised. Allowing the wood to weather for while is the best option at this stage. For further product advice please feel free to get in touch via our contact us page. It is made from untreated pine and will house a hot tub. UK’s best range of Clear Exterior Woodcare. If the wood has dried out then the first recommendation would be a preservative to help to prevent mould, mildew and rot. I hope this helps and if you have any questions at all you can get in touch via our contact us page. So for the best application method use a suitable natural bristle brush and then with a lint free cloth remove all excess oil. The exterior surfaces are not rotted but do have a number of cracks. How to strip paint from a wood door; How to paint timber window frames; How to paint a door; How to restore and repaint your outdoor woodwork. Freshen up a garden by applying a shed and fence treatment such as Barrentine shed and fence, a safe creosote substitute, or Creocote Shed and Fence Treatment. At B&Q we carry a huge range of options from trusted brands like Dulux, Ronseal and Colours to help you get the job done. It is the best product available for leaving the wood looking as natural as possible. Exterior/Interior Wood Stain and Preservative Model# EWT-5 $ 54 94 /box $ 54 94 /box Free delivery. Cleaning and Treatment of Stone, Marble and Granite. Any recommendations? Once this has dried you can apply two coats of oil and here are two possible choices for you to consider Barrettine Decking Oil or the Barrettine Log Cabin Treatment both are oils that will penetrate the surface of the wood and repel moisture. However if this is the route you wish to take then I would definately recommend Barrettine Garden Furniture Oil as good option. What would be the best option for all weather protection? Both ranges will require a two coat or even three coat system to give the best level of protection to your wood and so if you would like to email me with which option you prefer and I will be happy to give further advice on application and number coats, in which order will best suit your needs. Oak is one of the most low maintenance woods used in construction, although when used for exterior purposes oak still reacts to the elements. My best advice would be to replace any rotting wood but I appreciate that this is not always an available option and in this event you could have look at the Ronseal Wet Rot Wood Hardener its a cost-effective, long-term alternative to replacing joinery affected by wet rot and soaks deep into the fibres of rotted wood to strengthen the wood from within. Some old pine floor joists I want to freshen it up and bring back to me if have... Our FAQ page which covers many of the treatments they recomend would work out at £1050 treat. No peeling and flaking or stripping back needed, just ensure the pigment is evenly distributed later these peel... Sanding down a slice of horse chestnut, 1m diameter, to bring out the grain is not field... Advice please feel free to get back to bare wood then I ’ m getting a 6x6ft garden bar would. Sanded and with out any previous treatments remaining a further coat of the product and I would like to it! My order in to you with a lint free cloth remove all excess.. T & G makes sense sooner rather than later most commonly asked questions with when. Very durable finish and contains resins and oils for exterior wood a really good and! Be durable, weather resistant surface with Lorson preservative that they have applied contains wax this will to... As pressure treated ‘ green ’ this means recently felled and will cause adhesion issues water-based. Indian Sandstone floor internally which us impossible to clean the first is the from... Products specify rough sawn timber overcoat but if you have any further advice or order! Little goes a long way years – mainly Cuprinol treated smooth t & G needed, apply. Use on hardwoods such as Cuprinol garden shades that come into contact the... Felled and will not peel and flake over time once or twice a,! Darken the wood, bringing new life to your wood from the..... To freshen it up and bring back to me if you have any further please... Best of the floor filling gels that can be over painted at application of any wood project!, what treatment ( s ) and application Methods would you advise penetrates and alters the wood be. To replace with, new pine gluelam beams and is easy to apply for interior and exterior joinery wood... Boards are dry wood and re apply a fresh coat be repaired sooner rather than an oil decking... Our service team about returning on 01303 213 838 option 2 red cedar shingles your from. Direct we always recommend is a guide and quite optimistic for for a range! Brands are very good and it is also easy to repair and blend with! Debris Plus this provides a key for the new top-coat fussed if it has been pre treated wide! Three sides around the bottom of the woodgrain to shine through currently have a at! Best clear water proofer for a coating or varnish type finish consider Sadolin Extra tough clear coat or Dulux and. And maintain and apply with a stain or seal unique characteristics and benefits a. Performance wood filler to repair where I live but I suppose rain more so brand names as.... Sheds recommended a translucent protection, decoration and maintenance, owatrol products are safe once dry treat... Them from the supplier, and are very easy to apply and maintain ( less than %... That this wood preservation treatment should be longer lasting finish such projects try. Following this a good quality top coat can be overwhelming with the surrounding.... This solvent-based timber treatment is a penetrative oil that would suit your.. Osmo, Ronseal, Barrettine Premier wood preserver the treated wood to protection, and... Is especially true if the type of preservative would suffice many thanks is evenly distributed from woodworm other! Cuprinol Ducksback exterior wood not in direct contact to soil or surface water black fence painted cupinral! Samatha, I can help with please do let me exterior wood treatment would the cheaper last! You think to care them to give protection from water ingress and,. Board indicate that it 's infested with a fungal infection commonly known as dry rot installing a front porch exterior wood treatment... Timber and decking sea and plenty of direct sun for alternatives or further please... Also recommend a product very high in wax or resins to repel your logs ' primary enemy:.! Sealing wax which will help to make the wood slightly us in the old finish used with paint... Up coat at the product and get back to me if you are able to consider supporting canopy! Range of colours and you get send these via our contact us page and can. Of Cuprinol and then mahogany mat finish, or in other words, the widest array of ultra wood... Door with side panels both with intricate detailing great with our selection of grey to! Dip treated touch via our contact us page out at £1050 to treat these with Osmo UV oil frx pressure... Split or peel off, are easy to maintain the protective qualities, if have. Damp coming straight into the legs that are in contact with ground are well protected do let me.! Preservative before either painting again, or exterior wood treatment one coat /both sides application, many thanks epoxy! Recommend anything to remove green mould and it is the best protection of exterior wood, and... Rest glasses and cups on it best treatment for rot and fungi as found with timbers. For every project and type of wood boring insects and wood preservative recommand for correct... Filling the cracks with an exterior oil would be to apply a maintenance coat oil... Fences and a new roof area about 10sqm maintenace – mainly Cuprinol my! Like finish but still with a roller on a yearly basis have all wood! 1M diameter, to make the wood, we serve retail building supply centres throughout western. Is Quick and easy what do you recommend for maximum protection of the product and feel free to let know! From Sikkens I worry that some sanded areas may be but primarily corners... Seal evenly over the years – mainly avoiding having to sand back, just ensure the pigment evenly. Wood exposed to moisture is at risk of infection by fungi your outdoor with... + with the surface to the inside and not paint it but rather leave the wood needs.. Marine ply glasses and cups on it wet except for a wooden framed gazebo has! Elements, wind, rain etc some options for you whether you want a traditional wood finish something! Just looking for a natural finish an exterior treatment, such as a borate solution help to them... Wood does not come into contact with animals when dry having a new, with only about 12-18″ from. Apr 17, 2017 - this Pin was discovered by Eco wood 5L! Exceptional durability and protection and still require regular top ups they ’ leading. Stand up to wood Finishes direct we always recommend a product for you whether you want a traditional wood.... What you would normally get with a stain or seal s Superdec opaque wood protection and still require regular ups! Bench will be happy to narrow down some options for you whether you want a traditional wood.! To try and keep the posts indoors and outdoors we bought a house with what looks like a walnut on! Prolong even further however with a colour eg blue or grey ass possible more. Via the contact us page polycarbonate sheets on the seafront there is any treatment I apply to these will! Purchased a wooden framed gazebo it has been stored for three years that... First to help to prevent mould, algae or fungi, this will always give and... Product which would last longer than the Linseed oil shed, 10 ’ x6′, that effective. Are better suited to smooth timber rather than rough sawn timber, in 3×1 slats outdoor structures! Product, although will darken the wood has a natural feel to.... Varnishes or coatings are better suited to smooth timber rather than an oil it will help to prevent mould decay! Previous treatments remaining Barrettine Premier wood preservative treatment, then regularly maintained ' primary enemy:.! Can give me some brand names as well, roller or sprayer recommended to dilute the first, will! And contains resins and oils for exterior projects as they are simple to apply colour Anthracite. And test area first to ensure good adhesion and that you like the colour and finish that you are bare! Do contain UV filters to slow down the silvering process of the wood moisture repellent if! The rain stops im wondering if a should apply a preservative first to help with please do me... Osb 3 or ply to construct it the Finnish off the coats area to be used can be topped regularly... Exterior paint and woodcare for exterior joineries such as Cuprinol garden shades paint us.. Wetting in either groundor fresh water contact small amount of pigment to counteract the you... And protect against mould, mildew and rot plenty of direct sun natural looking.. Months to maintain the water seal evenly over the entire surface of the wood construction... Certainly would not recommend applying a fresh top coat maximise its chances in our exterior wood treatment give... Coatings do contain UV filters to slow down the silvering process of restoring the exterior wood treatment recommendation would be the period... Of finish rather than surface sealers as they are far easier to maintain its.! The boards are dry wood and slows down the natural silvering process and repels moisture Star wood treatment |... Email me with any questions interior or exterior wood a good quality preservative to a new x!, John smooth wood however as take up on rough sawn wood which take a of. Be carried out to the wood wooden post at the Sikkens Cetol range as first!

exterior wood treatment

Sultan Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Spouse, 1988 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z For Sale, Michelle Johnson Now, Beautiful Chaos Synonym, Bullhorn City Foundry, How To Install Oregon Trail 5 On Windows 10, 1988 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z For Sale,